Introduce yourself

Whether you are new to the Dask community or are among the first commiters to the project, this thread is an opportunity to say hi and tell us a bit about yourself.

:wave: I’m Jacob, I’m a Dask maintainer and I work for NVIDIA. I primarily focus on deployment libraries including distributed, dask-kubernetes, dask-cloudprovider, etc but you’ll find me around on most Dask projects on GitHub.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Pavithra, I work at Coiled as an Evangelist. :wave:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’ve worked on Dask for a few years now. I’m excited to see you all!

4 Likes

:wave: Hi all! I’m Ian, I wrote the bulk of dask-labextension and you’ll see me around various places in the Dask project. I’m a software engineer at Coiled, a some-time Jupyter developer, and an enthusiast of cities and rocks.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Genevieve.

I’m a maintainer for dask-image and napari. I’m a scientist and do a lot of image analysis.

I’ve also been working way more on Dask this year, funded by an essential open source software grant from CZI.

2 Likes

Hi y’all I’m Naty and I worked at Coiled as an OSS engineer on Dask.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Doug – I work for Anaconda as an open source engineer, spending a good bit of time in the Dask universe.

2 Likes

I’m Florian, Dask maintainer at Coiled.

In the past I’ve been a pretty heavy user of the dask.dataframe API and used it for heavy ETL jobs on Parquet Datasets. That led my down the path of fixing dask in very deep and dark places. Now, working for Coiled, I’m trying to shed some light on these places. You’ll find me mostly tinkering around the dask.distributed scheduler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I help maintain Dask and am looking forward to trying this Discourse out

2 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Guillaume and I’ve worked with Dask for several years now, mainly on HPC systems. I lead the team in charge of french space agency computing platforms. And I’m a dask-jobqueue maintainer. I’m excited to use this discourse!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I am Sumit. I work as a Machine Learning Engineer.

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m Zhengnan. I work for Capital One.

I’ve mostly contributed PRs that are editorial in nature (fixing typos, updating doctests, simplifying tutorial examples, etc). I’ve recently started using Dask in a more meaningful way to build a distributed system, and am looking forward to learning more about the codebase as well as continuing to contribute to the community.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Gus and I work in sales at Coiled. I get to hear lots of feedback from Dask users about usage issues and deployment pain (and good stuff too!). I create low quality, beginner-focused Dask deployment and usage videos and blogs

3 Likes

Hey everyone! :wave:t2: I’m a Community Engagement Manager at Coiled.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I am Vibhu. I’m an engineer with RAPIDS, Nvidia . I have contributed to libraries including dask-ml, dask-sql , dask-cuda along with the RAPIDS suites of libraries.

2 Likes

Hi y’all,

I’m Holden :slight_smile: I’ve mostly worked on PySpark in the past but I’m writing a book on Dask because I love it’s DataFrames :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Pedro, I’ve been working with distributed systems and data processing in academia for the last few years but decided to move to industry. In order to sharpen my development skills and get in contact with a “production” environment, I decided to try contributing to an exciting open source project and went for Dask.

If you have any tips to help me start contributing, don’t hesitate in contacting me (I also joined the slack channel and keep an eye on “beginner” tasks at github)!

4 Likes

Welcome Holden :wave: what is the emphasis of this book going to be?

Hi all :wave: My name is Filippo and I am mainly her because of the amazing community around Dask. In my spare time I am learning how to deploy JupyterHub and Dask Gateway on Kubernetes. I am also working on a Slack Authenticator for JupyterHub.

4 Likes