Introduce yourself

Hi everyone, my name is Naeem. I am a research software engineer member of Research Software Engineering (RSE) at the FAS Research Computing (FASRC) department. I design, build, and optimize software applications for researchers across Harvard University.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m a Solutions Engineer at Prefect working from Berlin, Germany :de:

Prefect is an open-source workflow orchestration platform that integrates seamlessly with Dask. If you have any questions about Prefect and Dask integration, I’m happy to chat via Prefect Discourse.

Great to see that Coiled forms a team to support the Dask Community even more!

2 Likes

hey there everyone I am sophmore pursuing my BTech in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. My go to language for most of the work is Python so Dask became a choice for me to do large scale ML and Data analysis. Eager to learn more about the nitty grityy details of how to use dask as efficiently as possible.

3 Likes

Hello Dask folks, I’m an oceanographer working in Tasmania with very large datasets from coupled climate models. I’m a “user” of Dask in a general sense as it helps power the Pangeo-style workflows, mainly at large HPC facilities, allowing me to explore and process large datasets many times the size of available memory.

I’m always wanting to better understand Dask in more depth and detail so I’m grateful this Discourse exists. :smiley: Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Paul. Freelance data engineer, mostly working for small startups :wave:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m a geospatial data engineer at a small tech nonprofit called Radiant Earth Foundation. Been learning to use Dask to scale our dataset ingestion, etc.

2 Likes