Dashboard Link using KubeCluster

Following on a discussion here I am wondering whether anyone is having ideas how to connect to dashboard of ad-hoc dask cluster that were created using KubeCluster.

Currently, the KubeCluster's (or client) dashboard_link points to localhost which is necessarily incorrect.

In my setup, the KubeCluster is created by a job triggered from jenkins. What I am planning to do as a quick-fix is print out to the user instruction how to kubectl port-forward from her local computer to the scheduler pod so that the dashboard is accessible. This of course requires a local installation and proper environment of kubectl…

In the post mentioned, @jacobtomlinson suggest a few approaches - expose the dashboard as a k8s service/ingress, use a proxy or use dask-gateway. I guess the latter is a good option though I am not sure I’d be able to support it so I am looking to other approaches…

Any ideas / inputs would be appreciated. I’ll be happy to contribute code (assuming I have the skills to do so) once a clear solution is discussed…